Turano Baking Company is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano continues to grow rapidly through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano one of the most dynamic bakers in the national foodservice and retail markets. Our dedication to tradition, quality, and reliability continue as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.
Turano is seeking a motivated and driven individual to join the team as Systems Engineer. This position is responsible for the efficient operation of all information systems including but not limited to hardware and software. This position must stay abreast of advances in technology and is the primary contact for all server related vendors for the organization, including but not limited to hardware and software suppliers. The Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for installation, setup, and troubleshooting issues with all server hardware and software.
- Primary support on all servers and enterprise software.
- Review project plans, coordinate project activity, and implement MIS initiatives.
- Review and execute organizational goals, policies, and procedures for the specific strategic recommendations related to the MIS Department.
- Companywide Hardware and Software Management including hardware refresh strategies and license management.
- Responsible for Server maintenance, patches and upgrades, Active Directory maintenance and security administration, Data Backup Systems and Disaster Recovery and Microsoft Enterprise applications.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Provide users with technical support for computer problems.
- Backup and disaster recovery (Veeam)
- Evaluate project proposals to assess feasibility and requirements.
- Instruct computer and equipment operators to obtain optimum operating efficiency, equipment utilization, and accuracy of results.
- Review equipment malfunctions and take corrective action to ensure compliance with required methods and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or its equivalency in experience and/or training.
- Preferred minimum 4 years of experience in information systems and/or information technology with server environments including enterprise software distribution for Microsoft Windows.
- Proficient knowledge of Hyper V, disaster recovery, warm sites, and backup application Veeam
- Working knowledge of DOS, MS Windows (Win 7 through 10), PowerShell, Apple iOS, Android Operating Systems.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft software including Exchange 2010 / 2016, SQL 2007-2016, MS RDS (2016)
- Proficient knowledge of networking and enterprise-wide printing.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft server environments including patching and Active Directory.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Ability to be on-call twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week on a rotational basis and must work on major projects and implementations on weekends or off-hours.
- Experience with antivirus (Kaspersky), HP server hardware, Email filtering (Cisco IronPort)
- Teamwork is a critical skill as this position is highly interactive with colleagues and other business contacts and all levels; interpersonal skills will be evaluated.
- Must demonstrate exceptional time management.
- Must demonstrate ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools.
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more