Villa Rica, GA
Turano Georgia Bread is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano continues to grow rapidly through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano one of the most dynamic bakers in the national foodservice and retail markets. Our dedication to tradition, quality, and reliability continue as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.
We are a growing career oriented bakery company seeking an experienced, motivated individual with a solid background who is seeking to work in an established bakery operation. This position is responsible for overseeing thedaily operation of the Sanitation Department personnel and all conditions necessary to assure support of departmental goals and objectives. The ideal candidate would have experience preferably within a food manufacturing environment, and is knowledgeable with the enforcement of policies and procedures regarding the sanitation of food manufacturing facilities and equipment.
- Train personnel for all job functions and the company safety program.
- Follow MASTER SANITATION SCHEDULE and initial when projects are completed.
- Make recommendations to Sanitation Manager concerning sanitation programs and procedures.
- Must be able to perform all responsibilities of a Sanitor, but may also perform and supervise other duties as needed, for example, painting of equipment or minor repairs to floors, ceilings, walls, etc.
- Supervise and schedule all Sanitation personnel, which include enforcing all existing Sanitation Programs in place and review job performance.
- Ensure the safety of all Sanitation Department Personnel by examining work practices and assuring that proper safety policies and procedures are being followed.
- Communicate efficiency and safety concerns to the department manager.
- Assist sanitation manager in maintaining an adequate supply of cleaning equipment and compounds.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment and chemicals are being used appropriately and at the prescribed concentrations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or its equivalency in experience and/or training
- Prior industrial bakery and/or food processing plant experience ideal
- Food safety training and HACCP certification
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills with good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more
* Motivated job seekers are encouraged to apply in-person at the facility located at 5830 Trade Center Court, Villa Rica, GA 30180. Security has paper applications available 24/7!