Turano Baking Company is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano continues to grow rapidly through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano one of the most dynamic bakers in the national foodservice and retail markets. Our dedication to tradition, quality, and reliability continue as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.
Turano is seeking a motivated and driven individual to join the team as a Shipping Clerk. This position will be responsible for operating the Shipping office in an orderly and efficient manner keeping with established shipping and receiving procedures. As well as provide service for internal and external customers and vendors in a professional manner.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Assist in annual physical inventories and daily cycle counts as requested or necessary.
- Answer internal and external customer requests in a courteous and timely manner.
- Communicate frequently with Shipping Foreperson concerning any issues regarding safety, product quality, and/or equipment.
- Accurately record and perform all inbound/outbound shipping office functions per established departmental procedures.
- Any other duty or responsibilities as determined by the Distribution Department Management Team.
- High School Diploma or its equivalency in experience and/or training
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to support 24/7 coverage, by working weekends and different shifts
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more