Turano Baking Company is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano continues to grow rapidly through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano one of the most dynamic bakers in the national foodservice and retail markets. Our dedication to tradition, quality, and reliability continue as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.
Turano is seeking to add a driven and motivated IT professional to help support our team due to growth and expansion across the country.
- Primary support on help-desk issues for all end-users at all locations.
- Responsible for installation, setup, and troubleshooting issues with all hardware and all user-level software, and is also the primary contact for vendor returns, exchanges, and day-to-day purchases.
- Review project plans, coordinate project activity, and implement MIS initiatives.
- Review and execute organizational goals, policies, and procedures for the specific strategic recommendations related to the MIS Department.
- Company wide Hardware and Software Management including hardware refresh strategies.
- Wide and Local Area Network Management and Maintenance.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Provide users with technical support for computer problems.
- Evaluate project proposals to assess feasibility and requirements.
- Instruct computer and equipment operators to obtain optimum operating efficiency, equipment utilization, and accuracy of results.
- Review equipment malfunctions and take corrective action to ensure compliance with required methods and procedures.
- Provide updates on status and completion to Corporate IT Manager and affected user(s) via voicemail and E-Mail.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or its equivalency in experience and/or training.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in information systems and/or information technology.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in desktop environments including software distribution for both MS Windows and Apple Operating Systems.
- Intricate knowledge in MS Windows client OS, active directory, patching, software distribution experience and MS Office applications.
- Working knowledge of network and desktop connectivity and MS Server environments.
- Strategic planning ability for future business needs.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines and demonstrate an ability to work under pressure.
- Teamwork is a critical skill as this position is highly interactive with colleagues and other business contacts and all levels; interpersonal skills will be evaluated.
- Must demonstrate exceptional time management.
- Must demonstrate ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools.
- Ability to be on-call twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week and may work on major projects and implementations on weekends or off-hours. On call duty is on a rotation cycle.
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more