Turano Knead Dough is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano continues to grow rapidly through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano one of the most dynamic bakers in the national foodservice and retail markets. Our dedication to tradition, quality, and reliability continue as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.
We are currently searching for a Quality Assurance Technician for our Bolingbrook, IL facility.
- Responsible for routine sampling and testing of product and materials at various stages of production
- Responsible for recognizing, identifying, documenting, and communicating all analytical, quality, and food safety evaluation and processing checks.
- Responsible for ensuring those adjustments are made to ensure compliance to specifications, and for rechecking following adjustments to ensure that product is of the highest quality.
- Responsible for helping to ensure GMP compliance throughout the facility,
- Monitor Product dimensions (length, width, height and circumference) against the Product Specs.
- Perform PCA and SPC on product dimensions as required.
- Relevant degree, coursework, and/or certification in related field of study preferred
- Previous food manufacturing experience ideal
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work well with other teams, but self-motivated and driven to get the job done independently
What You Can Expect:
- Fast paced manufacturing environment within a large scale bread manufacturing company
- Stable, solid opportunity to consistently work a minimum of 40 hours
- Shifts can be from 8-12 hours, and 5-6 days per week including weekend days
- Background check and physical with drug screen required for all employees
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more