Turano Baking Company is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano continues to grow rapidly through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano one of the most dynamic bakers in the national foodservice and retail markets. Our dedication to tradition, quality, and reliability continue as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.
Turano is growing and seeking to add to our team! The Accounts Receivable Collector will be responsible for contacting past due customers by telephone, email, or fax to obtain payments, commitments to pay, or to set up payment plans on past due accounts. Research and resolve any customer disputes and discrepancies in a timely matter.
Position Responsibilities / Objectives:
- Accurately post payments to customer accounts.
- Run Handheld Route payments, enter and post; log on manual and excel recap.
- Follow up on past due accounts and invoices
- Work on accounts issues quickly, efficiently, and effectively
- Maintain accurate records of collection efforts by documenting actions in the collection systems
- Send collection letters and recommend accounts to be Place for Collection
- Follow established procedures and timelines
- Inform Division Mangers and Sales Representatives of potential problem situations
- Escalate more complex credit decisions to Credit Manager, or Assistant Credit Manager
- Complete Aging Report status in timely matter
- Write up and enter account adjustments, posts adjustments, and write-offs
- Processes refund requests from customers.
- Research any unapplied cash
- In rotation run weekly statements
- Ability to organize work and use time wisely
- Box up invoices
Education & Experience
- High School Graduate
- Some College Business Courses preferred
- Good computer skills required
- Previous experience with Microsoft Great Plains preferred
- Two years of work experience in related field
- Detail oriented person and have the ability to work as part of a team
- Customer Service oriented
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more