Turano Knead Dough is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano continues to grow rapidly through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano one of the most dynamic bakers in the national foodservice and retail markets. Our dedication to tradition, quality, and reliability continue as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.
We are a growing career oriented bakery company seeking an experienced, motivated individual with a solid supervision background who is seeking to work in an established bakery operation. The ideal candidate would have 3+ years supervisory experience preferably within a highly automated bread/bun and/or hearth baking or food manufacturing environment.
- Direct maintenance personnel so that individuals comply with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Communicate with all levels of management to address any current or future needs.
- Maintain and enhance current Preventative Maintenance procedures.
- Update the Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Manage inventory of supply of spare parts for the facility.
- Keep and maintain files required by local, county, state and federal government bodies.
- Be an adviser to the Plant Engineer on all issues related to the efficiency operation of the department.
- Attend meetings, prepare reports and process documents as may be required.
- Prepare and inspect PM worksheets for mechanics.
- Perform daily walk throughs to inspect equipment for safety and proper running order.
- Communicate any/all issues with the Plant Engineer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years supervisory experience within a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with tunnel and conveyorized ovens, mixers proofers and packaging equipment as well as all support equipment within a baking environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC’s.
- Experienced with CAMS (Computer Assisted Maintenance System).
- Familiarity with frequency drives, control panels, relays, solenoids, sensors, limit switches circuit breakers up to 480 volt.
- Must have strong mechanical/electrical troubleshooting skills with the ability to read schematics, ladder logic and utilize technical manuals and monitor equipment on-line.
- Industrial 3-phase experience.
- Troubleshoot and repair production/packaging equipment.
- Strong working knowledge with varied mechanical equipment as well as pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Knowledge and ability to use shop equipment (mill, drill press, lathe, stick welding).
- Post-secondary degree/technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook).
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more