Villa Rica, GA
Turano Georgia Bread is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano continues to grow rapidly through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano one of the most dynamic bakers in the national foodservice and retail markets. Our dedication to tradition, quality, and reliability continue as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.
We are a growing career oriented bakery company seeking an experienced, motivated individual with a solid background who is seeking to work in an established bakery operation. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Shipping Department personnel and all conditions necessary to assure support of departmental goals and objectives.
- Direction of work crew, assuring presence of all shift personnel with readiness to work.
- Verify that all power industrial units are safe to operate for your department.
- Train all shipping personnel of job functions, responsibilities and safety program procedures.
- Communicate daily events with Shipping Manager and previous/subsequent shipping Supervisors and Forepersons.
- Answer internal and external customer calls in a courteous and timely manner.
- Verify that quantity produced meets our order needs
- Assist in annual physical inventories and daily cycle counts as necessary.
- Ensure that inbound and outbound functions are accurately recorded and performed per established departmental procedures.
- Assist in back-in of delivery trucks following appropriate safety procedures.
- Unload deliveries and keep an organized and efficient flow of incoming deliveries staged in warehouse.
- Bill of lading is required on all shipments with description of item on truck. Ensure that bills of lading are 100% correct – including lot numbers and “Best if Used by date.”
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or its equivalency in experience and/or training
- Prior industrial bakery and/or food processing plant experience ideal
- Power Industrial Training Certification
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills with good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more
* Motivated job seekers are encouraged to apply in-person at the facility located at 5830 Trade Center Court, Villa Rica, GA 30180. Security has paper applications available 24/7!