Berwyn, IL 60402
Turano Baking Company is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano continues to grow rapidly through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano one of the most dynamic bakers in the national foodservice and retail markets. Our dedication to tradition, quality, and reliability continue as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.
We are a growing career oriented bakery company seeking an experienced, motivated individual who is seeking to work in an established bakery operation. The ideal candidate would have experience preferably within a food manufacturing environment, and is knowledgeable with the enforcement of policies and procedures regarding the sanitation of food manufacturing facilities and equipment.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Follow MASTER SANITATION SCHEDULE and initial when projects are completed.
- Make recommendations to upper management concerning frequency of cleaning equipment, so that proper adjustments for maintaining the cleanest possible work environment can be made.
- Any light repairs made by Sanitation Department must first be approved by and under the direct instruction of the Plant Manager and Plant Engineer.
- Supervise and schedule all Sanitation personnel, which include enforcing all existing Sanitation Programs and place and review job performance.
- Inspect all Sanitation employees and direct as needed.
- High School Diploma or its equivalency in experience and/or training
- Prior industrial bakery and/or food processing plant experience ideal
- Food safety training and HACCP certification
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills with good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more