Turano Knead Dough is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano continues to grow rapidly through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano one of the most dynamic bakers in the national foodservice and retail markets. Our dedication to tradition, quality, and reliability continue as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.
Turano is seeking to bring on Shipping and Receiving workers to join our growing team!
- Answer all customer phone orders and customer pick-ups courteously and efficiently.
- Marshall stacks of product from Packaging Department to Shipping Department, stacking neatly on appropriate dock and count/record the units received.
- Check in products from outside suppliers by physical count and if necessary, adjust the Bill of Lading accordingly.
- Compare adjusted product requirements with product available.
- Bring empty trays to packaging as needed and the balance of the trays to warehouse.
- Process and execute late orders as necessary.
- Verify accuracy of a load by physical count of each product.
- Separate working pallets and broken pallets in the warehouse.
- Ensure all hand-held computers are in proper working order. If not, need to notify supervisor immediately.
- Stand Up Electric Forklift experience preferred
- Ability to perform basic data entry and scan gun functions.
- Ability to solve basic math problems
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to complete basic paperwork; checklists, record keeping, trailer & forklift inspections, load diagrams
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred, food manufacturing ideal.
- Good communication skills and ability to quickly grasp tasks quickly.
- Reliability and dependability is a key factor for success with the company
What You Can Expect:
- Fast paced manufacturing environment within a large scale bread manufacturing company
- Stable, non-seasonal opportunity to consistently work a minimum of 40 hours
- Shifts can be from 8-12 hours, and 5-6 days per week.
- Background check and physical with drug screen required for all employees
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more