Turano Baking Co. is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano continues to grow rapidly through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano one of the most dynamic bakers in the national foodservice and retail markets. Our dedication to tradition, quality, and reliability continue as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.
Responsible for quality systems and procedures, food safety programs, regulatory affairs. Implement and oversee plant product quality improvement and proactive initiatives and quality measurement programs. Responsible for programs involving product/ingredient specifications, web based information systems, product cuttings, quality audits and customer complaints.
Position Responsibilities / Objectives:
- Responsible for reporting food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Take a proactive approach in the development and continuous improvement of plant quality performance.
- Participate in selection of best practice processes for food safety and quality systems.
- Provide and make changes to quality procedures/systems as necessary.
- Manage the QA laboratory techs.
- Manage and maintain the auditing of all quality parameters within the facility including incoming supplier specifications, production, warehousing, shipping, etc.
- Conduct mock recalls and traceability at least 2x/year.
- Conduct HACCP audits and participate on the HACCP team. Conduct HACCP meetings.
- Monitor all plant paperwork for compliance, as needed and applicable.
- Conduct product audits (cuttings).
- Conduct internal monthly GMP & Safety audits of the entire plant.
- Handle and follow-up with customer complaints. Track trends.
- Manage effective communication among all internal departments, teams, and external resources.
- Manage the HOLD/RELEASE program.
- Point of contact for all 3rd party, regulatory and customer audits.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- 3+ years previous experience with Quality Assurance in a food environment required
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal laws and requirements to maintain compliance (FDA, FSMA)
- SQF certification experience, HACCP Certification, PCQI certification, a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) skills helpful
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more