Turano Baking Company is a family owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a complete variety of European and commercial breads and rolls delivered daily to customers throughout the United States. Turano continues to grow rapidly through a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, making Turano one of the most dynamic bakers in the national foodservice and retail markets. Our dedication to tradition, quality, and reliability continue as the next generation of the Turano family eagerly contributes to the company and our family of employees’ success.
We are seeking a Plant General Manager to join our team as we continue to grow. The Plant Manager is responsible for managing and directing the activities of the entire facility. Responsibilities include maintaining quality standards, providing a safe work environment, improving efficiency throughout the operation, creating new business, fostering an atmosphere of trust and cooperation with all associates and improving profitability with fiscal responsibility.
- Responsible for daily management of the entire plant operation and support departments.
- Train, oversee and assess production staff and overall bakery production performance.
- Ensure that adequate programs and procedures are in place to ensure the food safety of product produced.
- Develop and implement standards that maintain the outstanding quality of our baked goods.
- Enforce strict Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Sanitation and Safety Standards.
- Make recommendations to senior management and implement opportunities regarding cost saving and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Plan and implement long-term equipment, production and labor goals.
- Maintain favorable relationships with current customers and develop relationships and opportunities with potential new customers.
- Develop succession plans to ensure continuity of operations in the face of unforeseen turnover.
- Manages and maintains sufficient raw materials and finished goods inventory to assure uninterrupted service to bakery customers.
- Create and develop new methods, operational procedures and systems in production management and staff management to improve efficiency and performance.
- 5+ years of experience in managing a high speed continuous bakery environment or Artisan Bread Production
- Undergraduate degree or its equivalency in experience and/or training.
- Previous Profit and Loss Responsibility.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more