• 6 French Rolls
For the Skewers:
• 1/4 c olive oil
• 1/4 c soy sauce
• 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 2 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp honey
• 2 tsp Dijon
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the Marinade:
• 1 3/4 lbs sirloin steak (look for thicker steaks), cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces
• 8 oz button or cremini mushrooms, halved (unless small, keep whole)
• 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow) cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
• 1 large red onion diced into chunks (about 1 1/4-inch)
• 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing grill grates
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 10 wooden skewer sticks
① Soak the wooden skewers for 25-30 minutes. This will prevent them from burning while grilling.
② For the marinade: In a mixing bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients.
③ For the kebabs: place steak into a gallon size resealable bag. Pour marinade over steak then seal bag while pressing out excess air and message marinade over steak. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate 3 - 6 hours.
④ Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees (partway through preheating clean grill grates if they aren't already clean).
⑤ With veggies on cutting board, drizzle with oil and lightly toss to coat (I actually don't toss the onion because I like it to stay in chunks, when you thread the onion on layer in chunks about 2 - 3 slices so they don't burn up).
⑥ Sprinkle veggies evenly with garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. To assemble kebabs layer steak and veggies onto kebabs in desired order, work to fit 4 steak pieces onto each kebab (I like to layer 2 onion slices together).
⑦ Brush grill grates lightly with oil. Place kebabs on grill and grill until center of steak registers about 140 - 145 degrees for medium doneness, turning kebabs occasionally, about 8 - 9 minutes.
⑧ Remove the ingredients from the skewers and serve with a warm, toasted Turano French Roll.
Send this to a friend