• 3 Golden Split Top Buns or Gourmet Sandwich Rolls
• 1 12-ounce Ground Bison
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 3 slices Havarti cheese
• Dijon mustard
• 3 large leaves red leaf lettuce
• 2-3 sliced rings of yellow onion
• 2 tomatoes sliced
• 1 avocado peeled, seeded, and sliced
• Sprouts such as broccoli alfalfa or radish
① Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Divided the bison into three portions and gently form into patties about 3 1/2 to 4 inches wide. Season generously wiht kosher slat and freshly ground black pepper.
② Place on the grill or in the grill pan and cook for about 3 minutes on both sides until done to your liking. Add a slice of cheese to each patty and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Place the buns on the grill and toast for about 1 minute on each side.
③ Spread both sides of the bun with Dijon mustard. Layer each bun with lettuce, a few rings of onion, avocado slices, a bison burger patty, sliced tomato, and sprouts. Top with the top bun!
Send this to a friend