Bacon Egg Molletes are perfect for a quick breakfast, or for wowing your friends during a weekend brunch. Chihuahua cheese and salsa give this dish a Spanish flair that’s rounded out by eggs and bacon. Gourmet Sandwich Rolls are the perfect base for this delicious breakfast sandwich.
Bacon Egg Molletes Recipe
|Cook Time:||10 min|
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Total Time:||20 min|
2. Place halves of Turano Gourmet Sandwich Rolls cut side up on a sheet tray.
3. Top bun halves with cheese, then bake for5-6 minutes or until bun is crisp and cheese is melted.
4. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
5. Fry eggs to desired doneness and season with salt and pepper.
6. Place bacon strips on bun halves, then top with eggs, salsa and cilantro, then serve.
* 1 cup Chihuahua or mozzarella cheese, shredded
* 2 tbl. oil
* 4 eggs
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 8 strips bacon, cooked
* ½ cup salsa
* 1 tbl. cilantro, chopped
What are Molletes?
Mollete is a type of open-faced bread roll sandwich common to Spanish and Mexican cuisine. The mollete is usually made from a halved bollilo bread roll, topped with beans, cheese, sausage, and salsa, and baked in an oven until crisp. Some have likened it to the French bread pizza common to American cuisine. This simple, easy-to-prepare dish may have developed as a breakfast food in the Andalusian region of Spain.