from our chefs / holiday hack / main course / main course / recipes / turano hack
• Rustic Italian
• Cooking spray
• 1 lb. spaghetti
• 6 tbsp. butter, divided
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 lb. sliced baby bella mushrooms
• 1/2 c. white wine
• 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
• 2 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 c. heavy cream
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 2 lb. leftover roast turkey or chicken chopped (about 3 cups)
• 1 c. shredded white cheddar
• 1 c. frozen peas
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• 1 c. panko
• 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
• Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”-x-13” baking dish with cooking spray. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
• In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add mushrooms and wine and cook until most of wine is absorbed and mushrooms are soft, 5 minutes.
• Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter to skillet, then whisk in flour and cook until golden, 3 minutes. Slowly add broth and cream and whisk until no lumps remain. Simmer until thickened, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Add turkey, cheese, peas, and oregano and toss until combined. Add cooked spaghetti and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
• Transfer mixture to prepared dish and top with panko and Parmesan. Bake until top is golden and cheese is melty, 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
• Pair it with a toasted Rustic Italian slice or our Pane Turano Garlic Bread!
Send this to a friend