Fried Feta BLT
Fried Feta BLT
Fried Feta Cheese
• Canola oil, for frying
• One 14-ounce (400 gram) block feta cheese
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• 2 large free-range eggs, whisked
• 1 cup breadcrumbs
• Pinch of sea salt & pepper
• 1 cup your favorite mayo
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• Sea salt & pepper, to taste
• 8 slices thick-cut smoked bacon
• 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
• 4 Turano Gourmet Rolls
• 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
• 8 burger-sized lettuce leaves
• 1 large tomato, cut into thin rounds
① Preheat the oven to 350°F.
② Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the bacon on it in a single layer. Baste the bacon with maple syrup and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through, until crispy & golden brown. Transfer to a rack. The maple will candy around the bacon as it cools.
③ Brush the Turano Gourmet Rolls with olive oil on both sides and toast in a large skillet over medium heat until browned (about 2 minutes per side). Set aside.
④ In a bowl, combine all of the mayo ingredients and mix well. Chill in the fridge until it’s sandwich building time.
⑤ In a deep saucepan, heat 1-inch of canola oil over medium heat to 350°F.
⑥ Slice the feta into 4 even slabs, ½-inch thick. Prepare three bowls: one with the flour, one with the eggs (whisk them lightly with a fork), and one with the breadcrumbs and a pinch of salt and pepper.
⑦ Coat each slab of feta completely by dredging it in the flour, then the eggs, and lastly the panko mixture. Fry the cheese until golden brown, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes per side.
⑧ Build each sandwich with 1 tablespoon mayo, lettuce, tomato, two slices of bacon, and a square of fried feta.
Send this to a friend