from our chefs / main course / main course / recipes / turano hack / weeknight dinner hack
• Pane Turano
• 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 3 cups cubed day-old bread
• 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 10 bacon strips
• In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
• In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, celery salt, garlic powder, salt, pepper and onion mixture; toss to mix evenly.
• Add egg; toss to coat bread cubes. Roll into ten 1-1/4-in. balls.
• Wrap a bacon strip around each ball. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining ingredients
• In a large skillet, cook bacon roll-ups on all sides over medium heat for 18 minutes or until bacon is crisp and a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads at least 160°.
• Drain on paper towels.
Send this to a friend