from our chefs / main course / main course / recipes / turano hack / weeknight dinner hack
Cotoletta Di Pollo
Cotoletta Di Pollo
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 3 large eggs, beaten
• 1 c. all-purpose flour
• 2 1/4 c. bread crumbs
• 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
• 2 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
• Pinch of garlic powder, and paprika
• Vegetable oil
• Lemon wedges, for serving
Buns & Sauce
• 1 hot house tomato, sliced into thin rounds
• 1 tsp pesto (optional)
• Turano Bambino Rolls
• 4 leaves of iceberg lettuce
• Using a sharp knife, cut chicken breasts in half crosswise. Lay halves between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and place on a cutting board. Use a meat tenderizer or rolling pin to flatten chicken to ¼" thickness. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
• Place eggs and flour in 2 separate shallow bowls. In a third shallow bowl, combine panko, Parmesan, lemon zest, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper.
• Working with one at a time, dip chicken cutlets into flour, then eggs, and then panko mixture, pressing to coat.
• In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Work in batches as necessary, adding more oil when needed.
• Serve with lemon wedges.
• Take the Bambino Roll bun and place it in the over at 400 degrees for about 5-10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
• While the buns are toasting, take the mayo and mix it with the pesto.
• Take the buns out of the oven and spread the mayo pesto mixture on the insides of the bread.
• Lay on a warm Bambino Roll Bun and top of a layer of greens and tomatoes and serve!
• Place lettuce on the bottom and then two cutlets, topping them with tomato and finally the top of the bun.
• Cut in half and it’s ready to serve.
Send this to a friend